Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Week 7 Term 3

On Tuesday this week I started my Poly morph sheet, I had to boil up the jug 3 times to get the water hot and keep it hot. We then put the Poly morph balls into the water. Straight away they started going clear and lumping together. I was able to roll it out soon, but some bits were still too hard and went even harder once it was out of the water. I put it back in but the water wasn't hot enough. I need to finish it on Friday because I didn't have time to boil water up again on Tuesday. On Wednesday I did blog and calendar. I also re-coloured my blog. Terry checked my blog and gave me six credits. On Friday we did practical. I started to finish off the Polymorph but came to the decision that it wasn't going to work because there were too many bubbles and lumps in the surface of it. It wouldn't cut right or look nice and acrylic would do the job just as well. So I decided to use acrylic. First I drew up the jewel design on 2D design, then cut out the first two brackets in pink acrylic, on the CAM machine. A problem I encounted was that the CAM machine cut out the outline perfectly but ignored the shallow inner line. I don't know what to do about this so I just got rid of the outline and got the CAM machine to go around again and cut out the inner lines. I had to do this for both sets of two brackets.

No comments: