Monday, June 30, 2008

Evaluation of Freehand design

The thing that inspired my first design was a picture of a neon light. I wanted to have several coloured lights in my design not just one uncoloured LED. In all of my conceptual designs there is some kind of curve or circle so I knew that my final design would include spheres. I chose the three spheres design out of my conceptual designs because it was the most professional and clean looking one. Also the shape appealed to me because it was pretty. At first my idea was to have the two lower spheres in different kinds of metal and then the top one a non-coloured light. But then I thought of the neon lights and how cool they were and decided to make all the spheres out of acrylic and let a different coloured LED light each one.

No comments: